[katello-devel] Error while uploading Subscription Manifest

James Labocki jlabocki at redhat.com
Wed Apr 4 18:50:45 UTC 2012

I had uploaded a subscription manifest to organization ACME_Corporation. I created a new organization ACME_Financial and deleted ACME_Corporation. When I log into ACME_Financial and attempt to upload my manifest I receive the error:

Subscription manifest upload for provider 'Red Hat' failed.
Reason: This distributor has already been imported by another owner
If you are uploading an older manifest, you can use the Force checkbox to overwrite existing data.

When I check force I receive:

Subscription manifest upload for provider 'Red Hat' failed.
Reason: This distributor has already been imported by another owner

What is the correct way to upload a manifest more than once into system engine, or remove the existing manifest and re-upload a new one?

-James