[katello-devel] A couple of community-related questions

Dmitri Dolguikh dmitri at redhat.com
Thu Aug 2 09:37:32 UTC 2012

Hey guys,

Should we use travis-ci? I think so, for a couple of reasons:
  - it'd be helpful for community to know the current status of codebase
  - it would force us to maintain a subset of fast developer-tests (as
in TDD)

Aeolus project has an extension for Bundler that allows for simple
switching between bundler- and rpm-based application deployments. It
relies on an environment variable to switch between the two behaviours.
In rpm-mode the extension takes over dependency loading: it relaxes
version restrictions for gems, and then loads the dependencies. See
https://github.com/aeolus-incubator/bundler_ext for details and
https://github.com/aeolusproject/conductor/blob/master/src/config/application.rb
for example of real-world use.

I think it makes sense to adopt that extension in katello.

Thoughts/opinions?
-d