[katello-devel] Custom Values as more of a plugin model

Adam Price adprice at redhat.com
Tue Aug 7 15:43:01 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

Ohad, what functionality are wanting to be re-usable? it sounds like you're wanting to make something that is modular enough to be detachable from any part of katello and then attached onto something else. That does sound in-line with custom value attaching to subscriptions, systems, or what ever else. I'm trying to think of how this would be done.

With the custom values for a system, we were first thinking of having candlepin store the values, but if we'd like to do something more modular, then perhaps katello should retain the custom information and then inject it whenever an object with custom information is requested. Something along the lines of a decorator when we're grabbing data.

thoughts? katello-devel, what say you?

--
Adam Price
adprice at redhat dot com