[katello-devel] Proposal: Breaking up Codebase

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Tue Aug 14 09:07:35 UTC 2012

On Mon, Aug 06, 2012 at 08:45:34AM -0400, Bryan Kearney wrote:
> If we decide to break up, I would suggest delaying until after 1.1.
> First, it will not add any nutty risk tot he release and second, it
> will allow us to stabilize the community  builds before we switch
> things up again.

I am also for delaying it. Overall, I don't have any issues with this
breakup, but as Mirek noted it will not only bring advantages. For
release engineering this is quite a complication.

Also instead of Big Bang, I'd suggest slower change. Because to
integrate those changes on the build side, it can be challenging.

 Lukas "lzap" Zapletal
 #katello #systemengine