[katello-devel] Experience contributing a new feature as a user

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Wed Aug 15 04:13:11 UTC 2012

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 11:27:52AM -0400, Og Maciel wrote:
> My point for this email is not to blame anyone but to ask the following question: how can we make it easier for people to contribute to katello without having to jump through endless hoops???

You either need all developer dependencies to be delivered as
precompiled RPMs, or you need to undergo this compilation process
every time you install those gems. This is how rubygems work - they are
basically source packages which is fine for pure-ruby packages, but for
gems with extensions its more tough.

 Lukas "lzap" Zapletal
 #katello #systemengine