[katello-devel] developing & deploying on multiple platforms

Dmitri Dolguikh dmitri at redhat.com
Thu Aug 23 13:58:38 UTC 2012

On 23/08/12 02:51 PM, Bryan Kearney wrote:
> On 08/23/2012 08:43 AM, Dmitri Dolguikh wrote:
>>>>
>>> What you mean by "branch", "bundle" and "freeze". Can you elaborate? I
>>> am not following.
>> "branch" in git meaning of the word (probably just a tag). "bundle" and
>> "freeze" - bundler terminology.
>
> Is the only difference really the Gemfile.lock? If so, then can we
> carry several of these files and then have setup/spec file put the
> correct one in place?
That, and actual gem files. There's a good chance that gem files of the
same version will be different between rubygems.com and rpm-sourced ones
(bug- and security-fixes get back-ported). We do need to somehow a)
associate a particular gem version and b) have actual gem in order to
replicate a given release version of Katello.

-d