[katello-devel] Demotions and deletions

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Wed Aug 29 10:29:28 UTC 2012

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 09:13:03AM -0700, Michael McCune wrote:
> this violates our rule that:
>
> *** "All changes to content in any live environment must be through
> a changeset" ***

Now THATS a good point!

> 3) Allow user to delete custom repositories in the Library and then
> message them that in order to re-create any repositories with the
> same name they will need to go through and execute changesets in
> each of their environments to delete the repos from anywhere they
> promoted to.
>
> We could auto create deletion changesets for them so all the changes
> to the live environments would be tracked and done through our
> existing mechanism.  If people really want it we can allow the
> "apply" to mass-execute the changesets in order.  We would be
> maintaining our existing rule above but allowing for an easier
> mechanism to mass delete repositories

The question is how would you create a deletion changeset when
repository is already GONE? I mean, you can't really insert it there,
there is nothing to apply. I don't get it.

Maybe I just don't understand how delete promotions works atm.

 Lukas "lzap" Zapletal
 #katello #systemengine