[katello-devel] Bash completion file

Eric Helms ehelms at redhat.com
Mon Dec 3 20:52:43 UTC 2012

While preparing for the Katello 1.2 release, and specifically looking
over updating the bash completion script, I ran across this little guy
http://furius.ca/optcomplete/ for doing auto-completions when using the
optparser in Python.

I played around with trying to implement it, and while this worked for
the options located here -
https://github.com/Katello/katello/blob/master/cli/src/katello/client/cli/base.py#L105
it did not appear to work for all other commands.  I attempted to figure
out where to place the activation line, or better yet how and if we were
adding these commands in a strategic location that would allow usage of
this module but got a bit lost and never figured it out.  Sending this
out to the list in case anyone with more knowledge wanted to take a gander.

-Eric