[katello-devel] Comments on https://github.com/Katello/katello/pull/1180

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Wed Dec 5 16:36:21 UTC 2012

On 12/05/2012 04:49 PM, Lukas Zapletal wrote:
> Let's skip monitoring part of Spacewalk and also packages contents
> (which can be recreated by parsing RPM packages again). What are the
> largest tables in Spacewalk? We need to know this and test the API-API
> approach.

Not ideally sorted, but here it comes from small instance:

RHNCONFIGCONTENT                    1.1M
RHNERRATABUGLIST                    1.1M
RHNCHANNELPACKAGE                   1.1M
RHNERRATAFILECHANNEL                1.1M
RHNPACKAGEFILEDELETEQUEUE           1.1M
RHNCHANNELNEWESTPACKAGEAUDIT        1.1M
RHNCHECKSUM                          12M
RHNPACKAGE                           12M
RHNPACKAGENAME                      1.5M
RHNPACKAGENEVRA                     1.5M
RHNSERVERHISTORY                    1.5M
RHNCHANNELNEWESTPACKAGE             1.5M
RHNPACKAGECHANGELOGREC               18M
RHNSERVERPACKAGE                     18M
RHNSOURCERPM                        1.8M
RHNPACKAGEPROVIDES                  2.2M
RHNPACKAGECAPABILITY                 24M
RHNDEVICE                           2.6M
RHNTASKORUN                         2.6M
RHNSNAPSHOTPACKAGE                   36M
RHNERRATAFILE                         3M
RHNERRATA                             3M
RHNPACKAGECHANGELOGDATA             4.1M
RHNPACKAGEREPODATA                   48M
RHNPACKAGEREQUIRES                  4.8M
RHNPACKAGEFILE                       54M

+ lots tables with size less then 400K

Total                               396M

--
Miroslav Suchy
Red Hat Systems Management Engineering