[katello-devel] Katello 1.2 Release Candidate

Eric Helms ehelms at redhat.com
Mon Dec 10 15:01:37 UTC 2012

On 12/10/2012 06:57 AM, Lukas Zapletal wrote:
> So I have tested all platforms and it's working for me (I did not use
> katello-repos) except:
>
> - katello-devel-all won't work (restart error due to dependency issue)
> - installation on F17 fails (acts_as_reportable dep missing)
I hit this second issue myself and it appears to stem from fastercsv
missing on F17 installations.  I got past this error once I manually yum
installed rubygem-fastercsv, and after looking over the changelog for
Ruport, fastercsv looks like it was not included as a dependency for
ruby > 1.9.  Mirek can you speak to this as it looks like you added this?

After manually installing rubygem-fastercsv, I hit an SSL issue during
db_seed with Foreman.  I think this is potentially a known issue with
SSL support for F17 - I'll leave Mike to comment since I believe he
mentioned this to me.

As a whole, the F17 support is experimental and may not make the final
release, but I wanted it to be present for testing.  And if the issues
are SSL related, is there a work around that we could release F17
support without SSL for now?

-Eric
> It's on the ehterpad there.
>
> LZ
>
> On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 10:11:06AM +0100, Lukas Zapletal wrote:
>> Created pad:
>>
>> https://pad-katello.rhcloud.com/p/katello-1.2rc1-testing
>>
>> LZ
>>
>> On Fri, Dec 07, 2012 at 11:16:42AM -0500, Eric D Helms wrote:
>>> Howdy All,
>>>
>>> The first release candidate for Katello 1.2 is now available.  There are
>>> candidates for:
>>>
>>> Fedora 16 -
>>> http://fedorapeople.org/groups/katello/releases/yum/1.2/Fedora/16/x86_64/katello-repos-1.2.3-1.fc16.noarch.rpm
>>>
>>> Fedora 17 -
>>> http://fedorapeople.org/groups/katello/releases/yum/1.2/Fedora/17/x86_64/katello-repos-1.2.3-1.fc17.noarch.rpm
>>>
>>> RHEL 6 -
>>> http://fedorapeople.org/groups/katello/releases/yum/1.2/RHEL/6/x86_64/katello-repos-1.2.1-1.git.34.5c113ae.el6.noarch.rpm
>>>
>>> Repos:
>>> http://fedorapeople.org/groups/katello/releases/yum/1.2/
>>>
>>> Installation and Upgrade Instructions:
>>> https://fedorahosted.org/katello/wiki/Install
>>>
>>> Report Bugs:
>>> https://fedorahosted.org/katello/wiki/ReportErrors
>>>

>>> If you have the bandwidth, please test installations, upgrades and run any
>>> test suites you may have or have access to.  It may also help to reply to
>>> this email claiming a particular test path to help spread out and cover
>>> more testing ground.
>>>
>>> If there are install, or usage breaking bugs that are found, they will
>>> follow the method of being fixed upstream in master and cherry-picked into
>>> the 1.2 branch.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Eric