[katello-devel] Dangerous katello-configure, planes in kitchen etc.

Miroslav Suchy msuchy at redhat.com
Tue Dec 11 17:39:24 UTC 2012

On 11.12.2012 16:24, Lukas Zapletal wrote:
> 1) Automatically load answer file

Honestly I though that this is already implemented. And that
/etc/katello/katello-configure.conf is loaded if exists.

+100 for this one.

> 2) New option --purge-answers that deletes the answer file so one can
> start over with clean table (good for tests etc but not for production
> setups). Fully documented with big warning.

And is it really necessary? I would say if we print at begginging that
we are reusing katello-configure.conf, then sysadmin can stop the
script. Remove that file and start again. I would personally find that
easier than remember another command line option.

Something like

# katello-configure
.... [normal installation]

# katello-configure
Note: Reusing previously created answer file:
/etc/katello/katello-configure.conf
.... [normal installation]

Mirek