[katello-devel] Redcarpet and development mode

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Thu Dec 13 09:49:13 UTC 2012

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 12:10:28PM -0800, Michael McCune wrote:
> On 12/12/2012 11:06 AM, Lukas Zapletal wrote:
> >Hey,
> >
> >for some reason, Redcarpet segfaults for me when I try start Katello in
> >development mode. This is very limiting for me, is there a workaround?
> >I think this was working, not sure what is wrong.
> >
> >Thanks
> >

> I get the same on EL 6.3, haven't found a workaround yet.

Redcarpet is not used in production mode, so subject should be maybe:

Redcarpet does not work on RHEL 6.3 at all.

There is a bunch of bugreports on their site, about 10 segfaults. I
wonder if we have chosen the right dependency.

ps - When choosing a dependency, always select the one without any
native code. This is an old good Java rule. No optimalization when we do
not need it. Mixing interpreted and native code is challenging.

LZ

 Lukas "lzap" Zapletal
 #katello #systemengine