[katello-devel] Organization deletion bug, orchestration, testing

Ivan Necas inecas at redhat.com
Thu Dec 13 16:44:25 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> On 13.12.2012 15:49, Lukas Zapletal wrote:
> > But inside there was a background job that (due to our bug) deleted
> > only
> > organization from Katello database leaving all providers, products,
> > repositories and stuff there. Basically it only deleted one record
> > from
> > our database and then it stopped.
>
> /me mumble: "It would not happen with foreign keys!"

while agreeing it would help a lot discovering this kind of issue (and +1000 from me),
we still need to thing about keeping the whole infra in consistency, where out database
is just a subset, things like pulp going down in middle of org deletion might lead
to some undefined state, as well as candlepin or foreman.

So yes, it will help, and no it won't solve it all.

-- Ivan