[katello-devel] Katello 1.3 and 1.4 Release Plans

Vít Ondruch vondruch at redhat.com
Tue Dec 18 08:28:57 UTC 2012

This is the latest information I've heard:
http://weblog.rubyonrails.org/2012/11/21/the-people-behind-rails-4/#comment-716087815

However, count with me. We are thinking about Rails 4.0 in F19, but I am
not sure it is going to happen, since the Alpha freeze is currently
planned at beginning of March [1], which is pretty soon and there is lot
to do yet. So let's say there is 50% chance to get Rails 4 into Fedora 19.

But if we miss F19, then we want to have them in F20 for sure and Alpha
freeze of F20 happens somewhere around beginning of September. At that
time, you should be done with Rails 4.0 support to be able to ship
Katello in Fedora.

If I consider that Rails 3.2 was released at January 20, 2012 (a year
ago), I am not sure how you want to catch Rails 4.0 train in F20, not
even speaking about F19.

Vít

[1] https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/966