[katello-devel] High Fidelity Mock-ups and Specs for Foreman Integration

Kyle Baker kybaker at redhat.com
Fri Dec 21 14:23:05 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> Just a quick note not related to the UI:
>
> On the Organization screen, I can see DHCP/DNS/TFT/ to be part of an
> organization. Are we assuming one organization can only have one
> particular network service?
>
> I would expect a Network or something on the Organization page.
>
> Or are these just a mockups without real content in it?

As part of PM's usecase for server containers there is the concept of inheritance. You can set the network settings in the org and they will be inherited by the server container as default, but under server container details you can change them to what ever you want. The default is merely a suggestion in each services dropdown. There is a tab in the org detail that says 'Services'. This is where the default network settings are configured. In the main navigation (in the context of an org) the user can still configure all Smart Proxies and Subnets separately as they do in Foreman today.