[katello-devel] Dashboard Errata - merged to master

Brad Buckingham bbuckingham at redhat.com
Wed Jan 18 15:43:06 UTC 2012

Team,

I just merged the dashboard-errata branch to master.  With this merge,
users can now see 'real' errata listed in the dashboard.  The first N
(5/15/30) errata that have the most systems needing it will be listed.
If there are no errata that need to be applied accessible systems, the
list will be empty.  In the future, we may add additional filtering to
list by severity...etc.

Similar to the recent System->Errata merge on 1/13, anyone wanting to
test or use this functionality will need to manually bind the systems to
repositories using pulp-admin.  For example,

pulp-admin --username=admin --password=admin consumer bind --id=<consumer id>  --repoid=<pulp repo id>

In an upcoming sprint, we'll be enhancing katello-agent and the backend
to handle this automatically.

thanks,
Brad