[katello-devel] Agent Reporting Enabled Repositories

Ivan Nečas inecas at redhat.com
Thu Jan 19 14:34:31 UTC 2012

Hi

On 01/18/2012 08:18 PM, Jeff Ortel wrote:
> I'm working on the pulp and katello agent parts of a solution for
> getting enabled repositories (as configured by rhsm) bound to
> consumers in pulp.  This is fairly straight forward and I think will
> go something like this:
>
> 1. katello agent detects change in pulp.repo
^^^ did you mean redhat.repo, or am I missing something?

> 2. sends list of enabled repos to the server.
>
> 3. katello query pulp consumer and performs a bind/unbind as needed.
>
> Eg: (read like pseudo code)
>
> # fetch consumer
> consumer = pulp.getConsumer(id)       # pulp REST
> already_bound = consumer['repoids']
> # newly disabled
> for repoid in already_bound:
>     if repoid not in reported:
>         pulp.unbind(id, repoid)       # pulp REST
>  # newly enabled
> for repoid in reported:
>     if repoid not in already_bound:
>         pulp.bind(id, repoid)         # pulp REST
There is a problem with repoid - in redhat.repo there is not pulp id.
That's because CP content <-> repos is 1:N relation (one content in more
environments, every environment separate repo). Therefore we need to
specify environment somewhere.

What about using the repourl (with substituting $env var) for the repo
identification in pulp for this purpose.?

-- Ivan