[katello-devel] Timezone for users

Tomas Strachota tstrachota at redhat.com
Thu Jan 26 15:59:57 UTC 2012

On 01/26/2012 03:14 PM, Lukas Zapletal wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 07:08:10AM -0700, Jason Rist wrote:
>> IMO this is a post v1 feature unless we have something in particular
>> that relies heavily on standardized times.
>>

> I am thinking of scheduling sync jobs properly. How do we deal with
> timezones in the UI code? Do we just show the server TZ? (I am not
> really sure now.)
>
> I think it is a v1 feature.

How our CLI works now:
The date is expected in HH:MM:SS[+HH:MM] format where the timezone is
optional. If no timezone is entered, it's assumed to be local time and
correct timezone is appended. Request we send to api always contains
timezone in ISO 8601 format. If not, our server validation fail.

I believe the issue we discussed today has already been fixed. But maybe
I only missed something and test it on wrong configuration.

^^^ That was just for completeness. We still need to solve how our
general approach to local times will look like.

Tomas