[katello-devel] JSHint for Developers

Eric Helms ehelms at redhat.com
Thu Jul 5 15:38:49 UTC 2012

Howdy,

As of https://github.com/Katello/katello/pull/276, the JSHintRB gem with
an associated rake task is now available for developers to use as means
of doing syntax and code analysis against our Javascript.  JSHintrb
wraps JSHint functionality, which is itself built upon Douglas
Crockford's JSLint, to make incorporation into Ruby projects and
creation of a rake task easier.  More information and available options
can be found here:

http://www.jshint.com/options/

The set of options we are currently using be found here:

https://github.com/Katello/katello/commit/a0196471cefa99059fb53b25e42cbbb64382194d#src/lib/tasks/jshint.rake

The task can be run via:

'rake jshint'

And at this time, no clean-up of code has been done so there will be
lots of output.  Future pull requests will follow focused on applying
the tool and cleaning up our code.

- Eric