[katello-devel] icon to represent "virtual guest" subscription

Kyle Baker kybaker at redhat.com
Mon Jul 16 13:24:06 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> UXers,
>
> I am currently using Green icons for subscriptions with Yellow icons
> for those created through consumption of a subscription (ie.
> "virtual guest" subscription). A third possible member of the list,
> though it is not currently shown, is custom product subscriptions.
>
> If you have better icons for these cases, let me know.

I think we need to evaluate whether or not we need icons at all. The green, yellow, and red icons traditionally show status and that is how they are used on the Systems screen. Though what you are describing are icons that represent the types of subscriptions. Are these all of the current subscription types?  -
  Current Subscription
  Subscription created though consumption
  Custom Product Subscription

Do we foresee more types of subscriptions in the future? Is it also important to show the status of a subscription (expired, not expired) in icon form?