[katello-devel] One component outline - more OSes questions

Ivan Nečas inecas at redhat.com
Mon Jul 16 17:03:33 UTC 2012

I'm trying to image how a component outline could work with more OSes.
And because I like examples, let's try one:

1. Context:

   a. We have an environment with products Fedora, RHEL and Katello
(with repos for both RHEL and Fedora).
   b. We have a Component Outilne Katello, that could be deployed both
on Fedora and RHEL

2. Now I want to provision a system for that component outline in the
environment running on RHEL

3. questions?

a. Does that mean, that I have to specify what subscription go with what
operating system (or determine automagically - it probably could be
detected from what the distribution comes from?)
b. How to prevent the Katello product to show only available repos for
given OS? Or it needs to be a single product for every OS (and
potentially arch as well)

-- Ivan