[katello-devel] Promotions UI - looking for input on naming

Brad Buckingham bbuckingham at redhat.com
Fri Jul 20 17:17:48 UTC 2012

You all are awesome!  Appreciate the quick feedback.

I am going to let the thread go for additional inputs until early next
week; however, I also lean
towards the latest suggestion, which I believe captures most folks intent.

i.e.

Content -> Changeset Management -> Changesets

Content -> Changeset Management -> Changesets History (This one also
exists in the UI.  It was not in my original email, but does show that
we need to have the 3rd level).

Cliff,

To your earlier question on thread, the new feature is not a demotion of
content but an actual deletion of the content from the current
environment.  Example scenario:
     - user goes to the Changesets page (aka Promotions today)
     - navigates to an environment (e.g. Dev)
     - creates a Deletion Changeset
     - adds content to the Changeset (e.g. products, repos, packages...etc)
     - user 'applies' the Changeset (and content in changeset is deleted
from that environment)
         - any environment before or after that environment remain unchanged

thanks,
Brad