[katello-devel] katello-upgrade restarting services

Hugh O. Brock hbrock at redhat.com
Tue Jul 24 14:54:17 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 10:48:39AM -0400, Og Maciel wrote:
> >  I wasn't a big
> > fan of the behaviour (actually i thought it stunk). I like the
> > script asking to stop the services and doing it for you, but if we
> > don't like that I would at least ask for the following:
> >
> > a) Have the script print out ALL services that are still running.
> > Currently it would just print out one until you stopped that one,
> > and then would print out the 2nd, etc... When you have 5+ init
> > scripts this is extremely annoying.
> >
> > b) Have the script print out the commands to stop the running
> > services. Something like:
> >
> > The following services are running and need to be stopped: tomcat6
> > katello-jobs
> > Please run the following commands to stop them:
> > service tomcat6 stop
> > service katello-jobs stop
> >

> > To me that would go a long way to fixing the annoyances without
> > having to have the script reliably stop all the services.
>
> What Justin said: +1
> --
> Og Maciel

Good advice from the guy who actually has to use the script, over and
over again...

--H

--
== Hugh Brock, hbrock at redhat.com                                   ==
== Engineering Manager, Cloud BU                                   ==

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m
not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
--Robert McCloskey