[katello-devel] Foreman skin design spike

Ivan Nečas inecas at redhat.com
Thu Jul 26 07:46:31 UTC 2012

On 07/25/2012 04:52 PM, Hugh O. Brock wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 10:29:22AM -0400, Malini Rao wrote:

Certainly not force to use it, but enable to use it, and give a feeling
that it's a part of the whole solution. I agree that the basic workflow
should be supported in Katello without needing to log into the Foreman.
OTOH, I believe that there are some advanced features in Foreman (like
reporting, custom templates, maybe VNC console etc.) that probably won't
be available from Katello UI, but still it would be nice to make it
available for the users (without fear that they might do something in
Foreman that would break the integration). From Foreman community point
of view, I think it would be beneficial as well to let them use Katello
and Foreman together, without forcing them to leave the Foreman UI
completely.

So if it would be possible for basic use-cases use only Katello and for
advanced ones let users safely go into Foreman UI, it would be great.

-- Ivan

> --H
>
>>> Questions and ideas are welcome.
>>>
>>> Tomas

>> Looks very nice.  I think some Foreman pages might benefit from Tupane.
>>
>> So what's the next step?  Is it worth doing additional work for upstream
>> Foreman to look like another Red Hat CloudForms upstream related product?
>>
>> -J
>>
>> --
>> Jason E. Rist
>> Senior Software Engineer