[katello-devel] Katello 1.0 highlights

Jay Dobies jason.dobies at redhat.com
Tue Jul 31 13:36:25 UTC 2012

On 07/31/2012 09:26 AM, Miroslav Suchy wrote:
> On 31.7.2012 15:20, Jason Rist wrote:
>> Would it be worth just detailing everything?  This is the "initial"
>> release...
>
> So what is everything? I could not enumerate it. Can you help me? :)

With the scope of this release, I'd start with the very high level
features and then rely on individual articles (can be published after
the fact) digging into features. IMO, take the approach that you're
appealing to people who don't have the first clue what Katello is, so
give them a reason to install it.

I also think it's very important to have at least one quick start guide.
A feature list is very nice, but sitting down with something the scale
of Katello it's hard to know where to start. Giving people a guide that
says "Now get some content, now register a system..." gives them a
simple path towards a working system that they can then experiment.

--
Jay Dobies
Freenode: jdob @ #pulp