[katello-devel] Updated Ruby style guide

David Davis daviddavis at redhat.com
Fri Oct 12 18:15:43 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I've updated the Ruby style guide mostly by fixing up the grammar problems. Also, I changed the wording regarding parentheses after method calls from being a must to being highly recommended (I think this is more inline with our code). Lastly, I pointed the linked style guide to Github's Ruby Style Guide instead of using the previous outdated one. If you have a chance, please check it out and let me know if you have any feedback.

https://fedorahosted.org/katello/wiki/RubyCodeConventions

I'm also thinking of reiterating the 80 characters or less per line rule in our style guide. It's currently in the Github guide and I think it's great rule given that it's in our Python guide as well and Github cuts off commits after about 80 characters (you have to scroll over).

Thanks.

David