[katello-devel] Summary: Katello slow tests

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Mon Oct 15 07:30:20 UTC 2012

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 12:52:34PM -0400, David Davis wrote:
> Your other ideas sound good too. Let me know if you want to coordinate something as I could help modifying the existing tests to access the database less. From previous experience, IO operations during testing tend to be the bottleneck.

Not much in our case unfortunately, if you configure pgsql to run more
or less in memory, it does not give any boost:

cat >>
/usr/share/katello/install/puppet/modules/postgres/templates/postgresql.conf.erb
<<EOFPG
fsync=off
synchronous_commit=off
full_page_writes=off
bgwriter_lru_maxpages=0
EOFPG

Some time ago, I was trying also with sqlite3 in various modes (memory
only etc) and again, no boost. FYI

But correct me if I am wrong, we were already trying to get rid of
database in our unit tests and AFAIK it turned out we need to use it
because our orchestration layer which is hooked on the AR, right?

 Lukas "lzap" Zapletal
 #katello #systemengine