[katello-devel] moving to ruby 1.9.3

Dmitri Dolguikh dmitri at redhat.com
Wed Oct 17 15:37:22 UTC 2012

As part of port to Ruby 1.9.3, I'd suggest moving away from custom ruby
repository for bundler-based installs, and switch to rubygems.org
repository instead. Folks still would rather use Fedora-provided gems
can do so, since Fedora 17 versions of 'bundler' and 'gem' are
yum-aware. This would simplify dependency management during development.

As the next step I'd like to propose to switch to rails 3.2 (the version
of Rails that's going to be shipped with f18) in master (which is what
Aeolus folks did).

-d