[katello-devel] Merging and Pulling with no wait

Jason Rist jrist at redhat.com
Tue Oct 23 15:24:56 UTC 2012

Hi Everyone - I started a discussion on IRC because I can't just walk
over to people's cubes and question things, but I thought an email would
be best to expand the conversation.

This morning I was going through my emails and I saw two emails for pull
request 898. ( https://github.com/Katello/katello/pull/898 ).  One for
the pull request and 12 minutes later an ACK and merge.  Unless I'm
checking my email all the time, I would have missed that.  And I did
miss it.

Now I'm picking on one pull request but the fact of the matter is that
this has happened a bunch lately.

The whole point of the pull request process is to make sure we're
getting a chance to prevent errors like the one that pull request #903
was made to fix.

Eric pointed out that there isn't a specified wait time but can we
please take into consideration that 12 minutes isn't enough for a pull
request to be fully discussed?

I mentioned earlier that I don't have the ability to hear cube
conversations or pass by someone in the hall and chat with them, so I
really need to have the ability to "hear things" via emails, IRC, and
pull request discussion. In general I think it's healthier for the team
to be able to "hear things" that way as well.

Thanks!
Jason
--
Jason E. Rist