[katello-devel] Content view filter logic

Bryan Kearney bkearney at redhat.com
Wed Oct 24 20:04:45 UTC 2012

On 10/24/2012 03:51 PM, David Davis wrote:
> Here are my notes from today's meeting. Please review them and let me know what you all think and then I'll add them to the content view page on the wiki.
>
> 1. a. If there is no include filter (aka whitelist filter), everything is included.
>     b. If there are no include filters and only exclude filters (aka blacklist filters), those exclude filters then run on all packages/errata.
>
> 2. If there is an include filter (aka whitelist) then only the packages/errata included will get included. Everything else is thus excluded.
>
> 3. If there are include and exclude filters, the exclude filters take presidence. That is to say the include filters get processed first, then the exclude filter excludes content from the set included by the include filters.
>
> Thanks!

Some other questions:

1) What does deleting a definition do to the views which have been promoted.
2) The refreshing a view concept is not 100 clear to me. Perhaps We can
push off doing refresh now, or ceate "refresh only" content views.
3)  For me, the relationship between errata and packages is not clear.
if the filter excludes httpd, and includes all errata then what happens
when an errata comes in with httpd? If I include only httpd, and include
all errata what happens?
4) Justin says he has a solution, but I would like to understand how I
would apply Errata X and Errata Y (both of which are RHEL 6.3 errata)
onto the RHEL 6.2 content steam. Currently, 6.2 and 6.3 are unique
repositories in a single product.

-- bk