[katello-devel] Katello upgrade redesign

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Fri Oct 26 14:42:08 UTC 2012

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 09:23:34AM -0400, Bryan Kearney wrote:
> You still need numbers in the directories, but then you dont need to
> remember that 3000 means after engines are up, instead you could
> see:
>
> after_engines_are_up

I disagree, because then you would have this:

after_engines_are_up/0010_migrate_pulp
after_engines_are_up/0020_migrate_katello
after_katello_is_up/00XX_some_other_script
before_engines_are_up/0010_migrate_candlepin

I have sorted it like ls do by default. To me, this looks more
straightforward.

Remember how RHEL is starting services? Come on, it's not that bad. I
like it. And after systemd is rebased into RHEL, we will be thinking
back to these days :-)

0001_stop_all_services
0010_migrate_candlepin
3000_start_backend_engines
3010_migrate_pulp
3020_migrate_katello
6000_start_katello

You don't need to remember anything, just read the steps and put your
script where it needs to be. It's not magic. Also the implementation is
more simple :-)

 Lukas "lzap" Zapletal
 #katello #systemengine