[katello-devel] When does Puppet start

Innes, Duncan Duncan.Innes at virginmoney.com
Mon Oct 29 10:53:41 UTC 2012

Hi folks,

Hopefully this isn't an entirely stupid question. I'm trying to find out
where Puppet will start processing during the whole build phase in
Katello.

Is there anything of Puppet running during the install kernel?  It would
be neat if it does as that would enable machines to be fully configured
on first boot.  But I can see the scope of Puppet being large enough to
avoid running it in the install kernel.  What direction has Puppet
integration taken?

If there's any good documentation on the process that I can read, I'm
happy to do that.

Cheers

Duncan

This e-mail is intended to be confidential to the recipient. If you receive a copy in error, please inform the sender and then delete this message.

Virgin Money plc - Registered in England and Wales (Company no. 6952311). Registered office - Jubilee House, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 4PL. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

The following companies also trade as Virgin Money and are registered in England and Wales and have their registered office at Discovery House, Whiting Road, Norwich NR4 6EJ:

Virgin Money Personal Financial Service Limited (Company no. 3072766) and Virgin Money Unit Trust Managers Limited (Company no. 3000482) are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

Virgin Money Cards Limited (Company no. 4232392) is introducer appointed representative only of Virgin Money Personal Financial Service Limited.

For further details of Virgin Money group companies please visit our website at virginmoney.com