[katello-devel] Python books

Cliff Perry cperry at redhat.com
Tue Oct 30 20:47:57 UTC 2012

On 10/25/2012 09:07 AM, Cliff Perry wrote:
> On 10/24/2012 02:23 PM, Eric Helms wrote:
>> No personal experience but http://learnpythonthehardway.org/ get's a lot
>> of good reviews. The Python documentation itself is quite good and I
>
> I did not think the above was for experienced programmers, looking to
> pick up another language.
> - My 10 yr old is on Chapter 24 of the above url, and he is enjoying it.
> I get to help him learn how to debug tracebacks ;)

OK, he just finished chapter 44 with a combination of while, if and
other loops for a simple text game giving you choices.

Once I helped him figure out indentation, and other syntax, he fixed his
logic issues to make it work as he intended. Still needs to learn to do
more error checking for non-straight-line input.

He is still enjoying it :)

Cliff