[katello-devel] Running katello-configure after katello-upgrade

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Wed Oct 31 10:53:22 UTC 2012

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 10:50:48AM +0100, Miroslav Suchy wrote:
> On 10/30/2012 02:02 PM, Lukas Zapletal wrote:
> >2) review rpmnew files (but do not rewrite current configuration) **
>
> I would skip this step completely.
>  a) RHEL does not tell admin to do the review neither.
>  b) config are managed by katello-configure
>
> But we may put this step on very end as optional. E.g. if you modify
> log_level in katello.yml, katello-configure will overwrite it. So
> user may want to return such changes back.

Right, I have already edited the wiki page only making note IF user want
to review configuration files he needs to be aware NOT to overwrite any
of the katello ones:

https://fedorahosted.org/katello/wiki/Upgrade#UpgradeRPMfiles

> >4) optional step: do katello-configure --anser-file=...
>
> Why the usage of --answer-file? If you run it without answer file,
> it will use values used from previous installation/upgrade.
> We may even put it as last step of katello-upgrade.

We currently do not load the answer file automatically. I am not sure
what is the "correct" behavior. Maybe loading it and providing new
option like --purge-options would be nice feature, yeah.

 Lukas "lzap" Zapletal
 #katello #systemengine