[katello-devel] anyone have gettext testing fu?

Bryan Kearney bkearney at redhat.com
Thu Mar 7 16:13:23 UTC 2013

On 03/07/2013 05:13 AM, Lukas Zapletal wrote:
>> Has anyone triend monkey patching _() (or somethinkg like that) to
>> test that all strings on a page a localized? I would like to avoid
>> having to regen the strings file all the time.
>
> What? :-)

My real goal is to help with ensuring that all strings on a page are
translated during development. I was hoping to alias the _() method so
that it returns the string wiht:

X{THE ORIGINAL STRING }X

so that I could look at a page to know if anything was missed. Once the
strings are extracted and trasnlated, it is easy to do by switching
languages.

-- bk