[katello-devel] Design of SSO - screencast

Ohad Levy ohadlevy at redhat.com
Sun Mar 10 13:13:04 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
| Hey all
|
| I just finished a short screencast about SSO design spike I worked on
| recently.
| You can find on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ov771INMns
|
| Comments or questions are welcome

Looking good, a few questions

1. why are we authenticating to Katello? is this planned to be extracted back to the SSO app?
2. how are we validating the cookie, is it short lived?
3. how do i force idle timeout? should we still do it in katello/foreman?
4. would we support multiple backends? e.g. foreman now has the notion of authenticating against multiple auth sources (e.g. ldap / internal / ad) at the same time.
5. do you provide user details (e.g. ldap query can return additional user attributes such as email), or only authentication true / false?
Foreman relay on such details (e.g. first name, last name, email etc) for auto creating the users in the database for their first login.

thanks!
Ohad