[katello-devel] Fixing Travis

David Davis daviddavis at redhat.com
Tue Mar 12 20:28:46 UTC 2013

Over the weekend our tests in TravisCI started failing. The reason was because the tools rubygems and bundler were updated to 2.0 and 1.3 respectively. The first issue was that ZenTest 4.8.x requires rubygems ~> 1.8. I'm working on maybe removing it or if people are using it, upgrading it to 4.9.

The other issue (and here's where I need feedback) is that parallel_tests don't work with bundler 1.3 [1] and unfortunately, each Travis box comes preinstalled with rvm, rubygems, and bundler (and it's not possible to specify versions for these tools in the Travis config). Thus, we have two options: either temporarily disable parallel_tests in Travis [2] or try to manually remove rubygems/bundler and then install the versions we need [3].

Please let me know which solution you'd prefer.

Thanks.

[1] https://github.com/grosser/parallel_tests/issues/185
[2] https://github.com/Katello/katello/pull/1740
[3] https://github.com/Katello/katello/pull/1739