[katello-devel] purpose of --katello-configuration-files-only on katello-configure

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Wed Mar 27 14:24:24 UTC 2013

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 09:57:34AM -0400, Justin Sherrill wrote:
> Well, so that's the thing, is for 1.3, we actually do need config
> files re-deployed and services restarted (httpd), but i could see
> other situations where candlepin or elasticsearch need an update to
> a config file and a bounce.  Thoughts on this?

I understand, find my mail about katello-upgrade refactoring and my
complaints about that. Puppet is not the good tool for upgrading stuff.
I think what you want to do is to put your upgrade script at the very
end (the last command - full katello-configure - makes sure everything
is configured and running).

LZ

 Lukas "lzap" Zapletal
 #katello #systemengine