[katello-devel] Katello 1.3 release notes

Justin Sherrill jsherril at redhat.com
Mon May 13 20:24:08 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I'm currently writing up the Katello 1.3 release notes.
https://pad-katello.rhcloud.com/p/1.3-release

Currently as far as new features and changes I have:

_New Features_
Upgraded software stack to Ruby 1.9.3/Rails 3
Pulp V2
Content Views
Repository Discovery within the UI
Faster Manifest Import
Repo publishing over HTTP  (available in http://HOSTNAME//pulp/repos)
<http://HOSTNAME//pulp/repos%29>
Custom Info key/values for systems
Custom Info defaultsfor systems at the organization level

_Changes_
Red Hat repositories are published via http (in addition to https) by
default
Published Distributions are now available only when published via http
(http://HOSTNAME//pulp/repos) <http://HOSTNAME//pulp/repos%29>
Red Hat Manifest import has been broken up to include an additional
step.  Importing now only takes a few seconds, but repository sets need
to be enabled before repositories can be enabled.  This can be done on
the "Red Hat Repositories" page.

I am sure I have missed some however.  If there is anything notable I
have missed, please let me know within the next day or two.

Thank You!

-Justin