[katello-devel] candlepin-ca-certs

Mike McCune mmccune at redhat.com
Fri May 31 22:04:56 UTC 2013

On 05/31/2013 12:25 PM, Eric D Helms wrote:

> On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 3:01 PM, Adam Price <adprice at redhat.com
> <mailto:adprice at redhat.com>> wrote:

It is the RPM you install on the client that does the following:

  - reconfigures your rhsm.conf file to point at the Katello server
  - installs the candlepin generated CA certs on the local systems so it
can make authenticated calls into Katello

> B) What entity(s) it is related to?

  The Katello server itself, it is not Org/User/Env specific in any way

> C) What function it serves for the user?

  - Makes it possible for the user to run 'subscription-manager
register' from the client and have it register to the appropriate
Katello server.

+1 to (4) from above.