Re: anaconda dies when I attempt kickstart via nfs

On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, Philip J. Hollenback wrote:

> Yes, I have my DHCP and NFS servers configured and working.  However,
> anaconda dies before it even tries to obtain a DHCP address (I've
> verified this with a packet sniffer).

> I don't want to use PXE as I don't think it's appropriate in my case.
> The systems I'm setting up won't always be networked workstations.

> I think there is some bug in using kickstart over nfs while installing
> via cdrom in redhat 6.2.

I had problems with a DHCP driven NFS kickstart installation and I traced it
down to the fact that the bootnet.img file could not probe my ethernet card.
It was an old box.  I finally put the ks.cfg onto the floppy and specified
the NIC module explicitly.  That worked.