RE: Change 'comps' file question

Try starting with a new comps file, and erase the entire line that contains
kudzu--be sure not to leave any blank lines/spaces.  Remove kudzu from the
source directory.  Run genhdlist (this is on Redhat 6.2 isn't it?).

If that doesn't work, you may have to have kudzu on there to probe the
hardware.  You can always try to put  rpm -e kudzu  in the %post section, or
put it in a script to run on reboot.