Re: using kickstart on factory installed machines

If your kickstart is configured to partition the disk and perform an install, then it will delete the old system and install the new.

You can probably do an 'upgrade' with kickstart. It's an available option, but I've never used it.

Smith, Lisa wrote:

I'm a bit new to linux, so forgive any lame questions...

Has anyone used kickstart to customize factory installed machines?

What happens when using kickstart to install on a machine that is already
installed?

Lisa

-- Joe Cooper <joe swelltech com> Affordable Web Caching Proxy Appliances http://www.swelltech.com