clearpart issues

I'm having some trouble with clearpart.  I've got a fifty node
cluster, each with at least 150GB of disk per node, over two or four
disks.  The users have requested to have at least half of the data
preserved in a forthcoming upgrade.  We need to repartition the first
disk, so there is no need to preserve the partition table on that
disk.

I've tried to achieve this by using the 'clearpart --drives'
directive, invoked in the following ways (where hdg is the boot
drive):

clearpart --drives=hdg

or

clearpart --drives hdg

Neither of these seem to work: kickstart complains about not being
able to allocate enough primary partitions.

What is the proper invocation of clearpart?  Alternatively, how do I
get the one drive repartitioned, whilst leaving the others alone?

--
					Gary Jackson
					bargle umiacs umd edu