RE: Newest kernel on installation

> Hi!
>
> If I have understood correctly, it is possible to install
> newest available kernel
> (trying with redhat's 2.4.9-21) during installation.
> I've been trying to do that, but it does not work for some reason.
> Here is the steps I've gone through:

<snip>

The way I've done it is simple:
- Copy the contents of the ISOs to a single directory
- Replace old RPMs with new (kernel included)
- update comps if necessary
- run genhdlist
- proceed as normal with the *original* boot disk

That seems to work just fine.  (note, I do mainly NFS-based kickstart
installs.  I have done a few CD builds, which involved writing a script to
pull appropriate RPMs based on my custom comps file and make sure
dependencies were satisfied).

Thanks,
--
Brian Moyles