trouble with creating journal on ext3 partition

I'm repeatedly running into a problem with kickstart on some DELL Poweredge 1550. I'm running running
kickstart from a floppy with ks.cfg on that floppy and packages available via http.

The machine has a 73Gb drive and the trouble occurs while trying to create the journal while formatting
a partition on that drive. In the diag console I get messages such as -

attempt to access beyond end of device.
01:01 rw=1 ....

repeated many times then
after creating and enabling the swap space
attempt to access beyond end of device.
01:01 rw=0 ....

repeated many times then
followed by

Error -3 while decompressing

Then the installer comes up with 'An error occured trying to format sda2 this problem is serious and the install cannot continue. Press Enter to reboot.'

Where can I find out what error -3 is ? is the system not creating the partitions correctly ?

Please forgive me if this is something obvious or has been mentioned before (I couldn't find it)

Many Thanks

Neil Prockter

lang en_US
langsupport --default en_GB en_GB
keyboard uk
mouse genericps/2 --device psaux --emulthree
timezone --utc Europe/London
rootpw --iscrypted dfjhsdkjfdhskjdf
text
network --bootproto static --device eth0 --ip x.x.x.x --gateway x.x.x.x --nameserver x.x.x.x --netmask 255.255.255.0
bootloader --location=mbr
install
url --url http://webserver/redhat/current
clearpart --all
zerombr yes
part /boot --fstype ext3 --size 150
part / --fstype ext3 --size 250
part swap --size 2000
part swap --size 2000
part /tmp --fstype ext3 --size 500
part /usr --fstype ext3 --size 1600
part /var --fstype ext3 --size 600
part /var/www --fstype ext3 --size 20000 --grow
auth --useshadow --enablemd5
firewall --high --ssh --http
#Do not configure the X Window System
skipx