Yesterday I wrote that my kickstart
FTP install would generate an "attempt to access beyond end of device"
error... Well, I fixed it. It had nothing to do with partition schemes
being wrong or stuff like that though.
The solution was as follows:
- download the updated "bootnet.img" file from Red Hat FTP site.
- download the "update-disk-20020117.img"
file from Red Hat FTP site.
- Do a "dd if=bootnet.img
of=/dev/fd0 bs=1440k" to make the new bootnet
- Do a "mkdir /mnt/lbd" to make a temporary mount point...
- Do a "mount
-o loop update-disk-20020117.img /mnt/lbd"
this mounts the update disk image on /mnt/lbd
- Do a "mkdir RHupdates" (!!!!) In your FTP / or NFS
installation directory (where the "RedHat"
- Do a "cp
/mnt/lbd/* <leading path>/RHupdates/" to copy the contents of the mounted
update disk image file to the RHupdate directory.
boot your system - it will automatically use the files contained in
the RHupdate directory. (that
is a new version of Anaconda etc.)