Re: chroot

rpjday <rpjday mindspring com> wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Jun 2002, James Oden wrote:

> ok, i'll think about that.  admittedly, i don't have a persuasive
> reason to need this feature -- it was more for just curiosity and
> wondering whether *anyone* had ever found a compelling need to
> do this and, if so, how?
> >
> > Though I was looking at some anaconda source the other day that
> led me
> > to believe you could have multiple %post sections; wish I could
> recall where
> > that was.
>
> and *that* would be useful to know, too.  again, not sure what i'd
> do with that information, but what the heck.

I used both a
%post -nochroot
%post

sections in < RH7.1

I used the -nochroot section to get files off the CD and onto the HD,
and used the chroot'ed post section to run various scripts and such that
where easier to run in a chroot'ed envirment then having to rewrite them
with actual path names (ie /sys/???? )

hth

Steve