Re: Attempting customized network install, including ks.cfg

On 6 Jun 2002, seth vidal wrote:

> Why not set the ks.cfg location via dhcp?
>
>         next-server your.server.here;
>         filename "/path/to/export/ks.cfg";
> -sv

and it's still unclear to me whether these two directives are independent
and whether you can have either one without the other.  the customization
guide states:

"If you do not specify a path or filename, the client system will try to
mount /kickstart from the BOOTP/DHCP server ..."

but what if you *had* a "next-server" directive?  will the client
system try to mount that same directory from the specified next-server
or not?  can anyone clarify this?

rday