Re: %post commands ignored

On Mon, 2002-06-10 at 09:09, Charles Howse wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am doing a Kickstart install of RH 7.3 from /dev/hdc2, a partition
> which holds the .iso images in addition to other files.

[...]

> 2.  My %post commands are ignored.  Right now, I'd settle for the mkdir,
> but I have a lot more I'd like it to do.
> What's going on?  Can I send errors to a log file for diagonosis?  I've
> tried this with and without the --nochroot, with and without specifying
> paths.

I've not tried 7.3 yet, but with 7.2 I do something like this:

%post --nochroot
echo "-----Post Install--------"
# send all output to a logfile
(
    echo "begin post install"

    bash /mnt/source/postinstall/post.sh

    echo "postinstall complete"
) >> /mnt/sysimage/tmp/postinstall.log

This will leave a logfile in /tmp after you  reboot.

Regards,

Chris